By Michael Lynch
Give your scholars the simplest probability of good fortune with this attempted and established sequence' blend of in-depth research, attractive narrative and accessibility. entry to historical past is the preferred, relied on and wide-ranging sequence for A-level heritage scholars.
- helps the content material and evaluation requisites of the 2015 A-level background specifications
- includes authoritative and interesting content
- comprises thought-provoking key debates that study the opposing perspectives and techniques of historians
- offers exam-style questions and information for every proper specification to assist scholars know the way to use what they've got learnt
This name is acceptable for quite a few classes including:
- AQA: The Transformation of China, 1937-1997
- Edexcel: Mao's China, 1949-76
Read or Download Access to History: Mao's China 1936-97 Third Edition PDF
Best children's history nonfiction books
Meet the black inventors who lived their dreams--from the early years to fashionable occasions Benjamin Banneker Andrew Jackson Beard George E. Carruthers, Ph. D. George Washington Carver Michael Croslin, Ph. D. David Nelson Crosthwait Jr. Charles Richard Drew, M. D. Meredith Gourdine, Ph. D. Claude Harvard Shirley Ann Jackson, Ph.
Do local american citizens comprehend the positioning of the cursed “Lost Gold of Devil's Sink”? Did Sir Francis Drake bury hundreds of thousands of greenbacks' worthy of old Incan treasures? Has somebody came across the field of gold cash buried via a reputed tremendous within the Washington rain woodland? Is there a noble family's fortune buried close to an previous log cabin within the Cascades?
Stipulations have been harsh in tenement factories in every single place big apple urban, yet they have been specially tricky at one specifically. The Triangle Shirtwaist manufacturing facility, situated close to the city's Washington sq. Park, made background on March 25, 1911, whilst a devastating hearth destroyed the head 3 flooring of the construction within which it was once situated.
A commemoration of the courageous but principally forgotten ladies who served in America’s battle of Independence each schoolchild is aware approximately Paul Revere’s 20-mile experience to warn that the British have been coming. a long way fewer understand that 16-year-old Sybil Ludington rode two times as a long way on her horse superstar so as to support her father, Colonel Ludington, muster his scattered troops to struggle a marauding enemy.
- Manifest Destiny: Westward Expansion (Milestones in American History)
- The San Francisco Earthquake of 1906: A History Perspectives Book (Perspectives Library)
- A History of Ancient and Early Medieval India: From the Stone Age to the 12th Century
- Most Dangerous: Daniel Ellsberg and the Secret History of the Vietnam War (Bccb Blue Ribbon Nonfiction Book Award (Awards))
Extra resources for Access to History: Mao's China 1936-97 Third Edition